Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week Two-- Procrastination!

I have to be the worst person to keep a 'daily' blog. It wasn't intended to be daily, but even weekly seems to be pushing it for me... already!! I am the worst procrastinator in the world. That's not a statement or an assumption, that's pure fact! This diet has been so hard because I keep saying "tomorrow, tomorrow", and when tomorrow comes I lather, rinse, REPEAT! It's horrible!

This past weekend my family had their third, and final, Christmas gathering. There were pastas and cheeses and meatballs galore! That's not my issue; no, my problem comes after the meal. Brownies and cupcakes and cookies... or on this particular occasion, CHEESECAKE!! My mother bought a Cheesecake Factory brand cheesecake sampler and OH. EM. GEE!! Triple chocolate, white chocolate raspberry, and dulce de leche made up my cheesecake heaven. These suckers had 470 calories, 32 grams of fat, and weighed in at 12 Weight Watcher points... OUCH!

Somehow, regardless of two pieces of dulce de leche cheesecake, I managed to still lose 1.5 pounds this week. That doesn't change the psychological effects the sweets had on me. The whole day after eating it (and brownies) I felt so disappointed in myself. It's almost like each bite was bliss, until it was gone, then I had to ask myself why I bothered. In many ways it's like I cheated on my diet... I craved it, woo'ed it, got it, then reality hit and I was left with the "that is so not worth the mess it's going to make!" feeling.

Hopefully this mess can be contained by my next weigh-in day, but for now I have to rememeber that it was just a slip and it's not worth getting upset about. This week I've been doing much better and that's what really matters!!

Week Two:: January 19, 2010:: 208.5 Lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment