Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Beginning of the End

It's been a 26.25 year love affair, and as of midnight tonight it's the beginning of the end. Well, no, I'm not breaking up with food altogether, but I'm getting it on my terms.

It's been years since my last official blog entry. Those were the days of livejournal and myspace... seems like so long ago! I was once quoted saying, "True talent gets dusty, not rusty." We'll see if that's true!!

So, tonight I begin my chronicles of weight loss. I'm not the kind of person who generally shares personal information such as weight, but I'm also not the kind of person who can keep herself accountable. I've (more than a few times) lied to myself about how much I've eaten in the past... "Did I really just have an entire tray of brownies??? No, no, no, you spilled some of the powder when you opened the bag... that counts as like, what?? half??" And I believe myself!!

Just to get a handle on my weight situation, here are some landmarks:

I graduated High School on June 1, 2002 weighing 190 pounds.
I hovered there for a while, until Christmas 2004 where I hit 210.
I was married December 5, 2005 (to the wrong guy!) weighing 230!
We split the next summer when I was around 213.
I met Nick (the right guy!) on April 7, 2007, weighing 206.
We found out we were expecting January 10, 2008 when I was just 178!
I gave birth on September 20, 2008, tipping the scale at 248.
Now, fifteen months later, I'm stuck at 215...

As you can see, I've never been a small girl... but size isn't what I'm doing this for. With a toddler running around, a full time job, and returning to school in my near future, I need to be sure that I'm as healthy as possible! So, without further delay...

First entry:: January 5, 2010 :: 215 Pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment