Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day Nine-- Making Up for Lost Time

The last few days I've had personal issues that manifested in an emotional fast, but today I was feeling much better! Yesterday my whole day ended with a cup of soup, a slice of bread, and a Weight Watcher's ice cream bar. Today? Oy vei (nope, I'm not Jewish!) I had an eggplant rollatini and some penne in vodka sauce! It was delicious and totally within my points limit, but not exactly where you want to start off you first day back on the eating wagon.

It's almost like those times where you wait too long to eat lunch and you say "eh, I'll just wait til dinner". Don't kid yourself, you know you've all done it. That's when you get home and start making dinner and by the time the water has boiled for your pasta you've already consumed half a block of cheese, three pounds of pretzels, a loaf of bread, and the dog food... ok, I'm exaggerating, but we've all been there!

So the key that we all know (and all ignore) is to maintain a healthy balance in snacking. Now you just have to manage to stop ignoring it! I have mentioned that I love the Smart Pop Kettle Corn; to avoid the smell (some people are nuts and don't like it! *scoff!*) you can pop it at home and throw it in a ziplock to take with you. My other favorites to keep at work are Hunt's Snack Pack fat free puddings, clementines, and no-sugar-added single serve applesauces (the Harvest Strawberry one is amazing!).

Check out www.weightwatchers.com and sign up for their online tools! It's like $13 a month or something relatively close to that. They have interactive cheat sheets that not only help plan meals but also kill time if you have a boring job (like me!!). They also have lists of 0-point and 1- point foods!!

Snack well and snack often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment